10 ways to engage effectively with you Clients or Customers!
Customers and Clients are the most important part of any business because they are the lifeblood of your company. Without your customers or clients, it is safe to assume you wouldn’t be in business at all. As we head into the next Quarter of the business cycle your relationship with your customers or clients could go one of two ways: (1) It could increase and result in high engagement or (2) it could decrease and you could lose touch with your target demographic.
Engaging with your clients is an extremely important part of running any business. Not only does engagement allow you to reach out and give your customers better service but it also gives you the opportunity to understand what aspects of your business need more attention. Social media offers a very inexpensive way to get into contact with the people who keep your business running, so make your website contains links to all of your social platforms! Keep connecting and communicating.
Engaging with your clients is great for your marketing initiatives and for increase the profile and sales of your business overall. The more contact you have with the people who support your business and see our value, the more successful your business will become. Your clients are more likely to refer their professional contacts and their clients again if you have high engagement with them, so the more you connect with your clients, the more traction your business will gain!
Client engagement is easier than ever due to social media. Reaching out to clients via your various social platforms will definitely increase your client engagement levels, especially if you offer value content, special promotions and campaigns or simply advice at no charge. Here are a few tips on how to increase your client engagement levels:
1. Build a Group Building groups on your social media platforms that are designated as help groups or supporter groups for your products or services is an easy and effective way to interact with and engage with your clients. You can create forums on Reddit or create groups on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ etc. Not only does this allow you to interact with your client base but it also gives them an opportunity to interact with others and share their experiences. Choose a relevant topic or mutual business challenge that more than one industry or client maybe facing.
2. Be Assertive-Thought Leader Rather than coming on too strong or aggressive with your clients (remember they may be facing what you are facing), try to have an assertive communication style and have empathy. This means all of your conversations with your clients are a two-way road where you actively listen and then proactively recommend. This is the best way to solve any disputes or issues.
3. Ask Questions The best way to get responses from your followers and customers is to pose a question on your social media platforms, especially Twitter or LinkedIn. Hootsuite poses open-ended positive questions that are relevant to business owners on their Twitter account bi-weekly. A general rule, make sure you are posing thoughtful, real questions that will give your target demographic something interesting to talk about, be involved in, and help them as consumers.
4. Commission a White Paper or Survey Bringing in a sample size of your target demographic to request feedback is a great option when it comes to engaging your clients. This way you have direct contact with your clients, and they can ask you specific questions about your products or services and or its information that you could then share with your clients who may not have the opportunity to access.
5. Celebrate & Congratulate You can always host an event to celebrate your business and your loyal clients. When your business reaches a milestone, wins new business you should reach out to your clients because there the people who got you to where you are today. Celebrate your success with them and make sure they know thank you to them!
6. Beef Up Your Content and Communications Offering your clients exclusive content that can increase their knowledge on your industry, services, or products is a great way to gain their trust and engage with them, as well. If you offer your target demographic content on your blog and website that isn’t available anywhere else, you are sure to garner a large following. Creative and exclusive content can also boost your organic website visits as well as SEO. You can make your content exclusive by requiring users to subscribe to your blog site; however, this doesn’t mean you have to charge for subscriptions. You are soliciting readers’ emails in order for them to have access to your content.
7. Promote Your Clients
features a customer each month on our blog as well as on our social media platforms in order to give them recognition for being loyal. By promoting your customers, you are giving them an even bigger reason to keep returning to your business. You can also promote the charities they choose to support!
8. Respond to Reviews Although all of your social media reviews may not be positive, these are some of your best opportunities to reach out and engage with clients. Always monitor your business reviews and make the extra effort to reach out to writers of negative reviews because it gives you an opportunity to fix their bad experience with your business or at the very least apologise and promise it will never happen again.
9. Create virtual product and service tours
Product tours that explain to your clients the full benefits of your products and services are a great way to reach out to your consumer base and engage them. You can easily create a tour of your business and upload it to your free YouTube account. Create a ppt or virtual tour, make it dynamic and engaging in order to obtain attention once you post it on all of your social media platforms.
10. Create New Content
Who's the target audience for this content? For how many audiences are you creating content? Just as your business might have more than one type of client. your content strategy can cater to more than one type of reader or viewer.
Using a variety of content types and channels will help you deliver different content to each type of audience you have in mind and engage everyone your company does business with. Ideally, your product or service solves a problem you know your audience has. By the same token, your content coaches and educates your audience through this problem as they begin to identify and address it.
A sound content strategy supports people on both sides of your product: those who are still figuring out what their main challenges are, and those who are already using your product to overcome these challenges. Your content reinforces the solution(s) you're offering and makes your customers more qualified users of your product.